Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Precious Memories.




# 6   post  Tiled   My  Precious  Memories....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTfbtZeGeU   Mr  Jim  Croce's  beautiful time  in  a bottle.
love  this  song....



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z--ntETyNYo   This  is  a  early  1970's   Barbie  comercial  for 
Quick  curl   and  Mod  Ken   Barbie  dolls.  I   remember  seeing  them  at  an  Rx  Drug Store  in  down  town  Dallas,  Texas    and   I  wamted  both  of  them  so  badly  but  we  only  could  afford 1.
bless  her  sweet heart  mom  got   the  one  I  wanted  Quick  Curl  mom  kept  asking if  she  is  sure
I  didn't  want  The  Mod  Ken   I  wanted  the  girl  I  guess  because  you  can do  things  with  her 
hair  you  couldn't  with  Ken  and  I  guess  it  was  for   my  birthday  or  Christmas  I  don't  remember  mom  got  Mod  Ken  for  me  ohhhhhh me  and  Barbie  were  so  happy  she  missed  Ken  and  I  wanted  him  to  for  myself  and  Barbie.  lol.....   have   5   of  the  Mod Ken's  and
4   of   Quick Curl  now  and  I still  love  them  both  and  their  still  2  of  my  favorite  barbies.

more  memories  coming up....
Here  is  another toy  I  had  and  now  have  again..ut
Mr  Planters  Peanut.

Mom  worked  at  the  Down Dallas  Post Office  and  mom  worked  with  the  mail,  she  helped take  care  of  people's  packages  she  was  very gentle especially  when it  had  fragile  and  she would  see  people  make  jokes  about  take  3 steps  back  and  throw  it  especially  when it  said
fragile.
Mom would make sure  you're  mail  got  if  she  could safely to you,  best  she  could  she  would
put it  in the  right  area  it  was  going to  and  when she  got  through with  her  work  she would help
other  people with their  work  lifting  their sacks  that's  the  kind  of  person, mom, wife and  friend she  is.  Wonderful!  I  love  you  mom  so  much,  everyone  who knows her does,

She  seen  Mr.  P   ( coming  down  the  belt  he  was  in a  clear  bag  and  mom  thought he  was the
cutest  thing   so  she  got  the  address off  the  package  and  ordered  me  one  that's  the  kind  of
person she  is,  has  a generous,  loving, caring  heart  I am so  proud  of  her. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mxkgbpilr8    Stevie  Wonder's  Beautiful  song  _  stay gold 
from  The  Movie  The  Outsiders.

Here  is  my  favorite  Marine Park....
Seven Seas  Marine  Park  in  1970's

Seven Seas  Marine  Park  in  1970's  http://mightytuf.tripod.com/New.htmlnd
opened in 1970's and closed in  the 1970's  only got to go 1 with my school loved this park.

Seven Seas Marine Life Park

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Seven Seas Marine Life Park
LocationArlington, Texas, U.S.
Coordinates32°45′24″N 97°04′54″W / 32.7566748°N 97.0817185°W / 32.7566748; -97.0817185Coordinates: 32°45′24″N 97°04′54″W / 32.7566748°N 97.0817185°W / 32.7566748; -97.0817185
Opened1972
Closed1976
Area35 acres (14 ha)
Rides
Total1
Roller coasters0
Seven Seas Marine Life Park was a marine mammal park, and animal theme park built and owned by the city of Arlington, Texas, United States.
The park opened on March 18, 1972. The 35-acre (14 ha) site was located in north Arlington off Interstate 30 near Six Flags Over Texas and adjacent to Arlington Stadium.
The city council of Arlington voted to close the park in 1976 because it did not generate enough revenue to both pay its operating expenses and pay off the bonded indebtedness.[1]
The property is now the site of the Arlington Sheraton Hotel and has several buildings on property that date back to the park. In addition, there is a remaining piece from the Japan garden, a very nice, large bridged Pagoda still exists outside the hotels court pool area.

my favorite  ride  was  the dark artic ride.

It  was  a  neat  dark  cave  and  they  had  one  of  those  blue
light bulbs  I  love so much  I  told you  I  have  and  they had  that
song  on  that   Elvis  Presley had when he  came out on stage every
time  for  his  concert   DA   DA  DDDDDDDDAAAA!
And  they  had  the  Eskimo  family ice fishing,  playing,  you went
around  this  dark corner  and  there was the abonimal snow man,
and  they had him  Growl real loud you almost jumped  out of  the
canoe  you  where  in  it  was  shallow  water  with  winding corners  it  was so cool.
These   2  class mates  I  knew  we  didn't  look around  at  The Seven Seas  we  just  rerode
The  Dark  Artic Ride  over  and  over while  we were there.
I wonder  what  happen to the  really  cool displays  they had are they
in storage  and  or  did they throw  them away  in the  garbage dump
or  burn  them?  I  hope  there  in  storage some where sad but I
wouldn't want to  see  them  done  the  other way.
Here  is  something else close  to  my  heart I  enjoyed  and  still do  not  just on Halloween.
 I  got  this  Halloween vinyl  at  a  Safeway
super market  in  Dallas  back in the  1970's,  my favorite Halloween
Vinyl.  
if  interested  in  what  this  sounds  like  listen here, please....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8QpjNVZr3Y

Here's  another  Sounds  of  Terror  we  got  it  at  the  same place.
enjoy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRlvVFo-t0 


here  is  my   Vintage  Fisher  Price  Castle  I  still  have  mine  not  all  the  parts  but   at least the  castle  with  a  little  wear  here   is  a  link to  show  it  to  you  ohhhh  I  loved and still  love  this  toy  it's  still  my favorite. 
Here's  the  link.   maybe  out   dated  to   ebay. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGLxN5IjEk

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment